- Fred Nathanson Memorial Radar Award, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society, 2012
- Bellows Scholar, School of Engineering, University of Kansas, 2010
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) Young Investigator Award, 2007
- KU Miller Professional Development Award for Research, 2008
- Harry Talley Excellence in Teaching Award, 2008
- NRL Alan Berman Research Publication Award, 2004,2006, and 2007
- IEEE Fellow, 2016
Dr. Shannon Blunt joined the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department and ITTC as an Assistant Professor in August 2005. He was promoted to Associate Professor in 2010 and Full Professor in 2014.
After receiving his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Dr. Blunt joined the Radar Division, Advanced Signal Processing Section, of the Naval Research Laboratory, where he worked for three years.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri, 2002
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri, 2000
B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri, 1999
Signal processing for radar and communication systems, space-time adaptive processing (STAP), adaptive pulse compression, adaptive signal processing, statistical signal processing, estimation & detection theory, wavelets, optimization theory, system identification, multiuser detection, and biomedical imaging.
Digital signal processing I & II, Electronic Circuits II, and Electromagnetics II
Fellow of IEEE, IEEE Signal Processing Society, IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society, IEEE AESS Radar Systems Panel, Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu, Associate Editor for IEEE Trans. AES and Editorial Board of IET Radar, Sonar, & Navigation